Tor Browser sends your traffic over the Tor Network, run by thousands of volunteers around the world.
Tor Browser offers an extremely private browsing experience preventing websites from “fingerprinting” you. The software doesn’t keep any browsing history, and cookies are only valid for a single session.
Tor Browser 10 ships with Firefox 78.3.0esr, updates NoScript to 11.0.44 and Tor to 0.4.4.5.
- Browse freely – access sites your local internet service provider may have blocked.
- Block trackers – isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing.
- Defend against surveillance – prevents people watching your connection.
- Stop fingerprinting – make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
- Multi-layered encryption – traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays.
- Good feature set.
Tor Browser is a sensible replacement if you are value your privacy.
The web browser offers all the standard features you’d expect including add-ons, bookmarks, search, and more.
|There are lots of other great free Android apps that meet our eligibility criteria. Read all about them.|